Seeking a web content writer with 3-5 years’ experience in website content development or news, trade or technical writing. Four-year degree required; marketing or business background a plus, as is knowledge of the HVAC and plumbing contractors’ industries. Need to be deadline driven and have attention to detail. This position is located in Winooski, VT.
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in journalism, English, communications or a related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to edit range of documents, correcting any grammatical, typographical, or compositional errors.
- Able to translate technical explanations of HVAC, plumbing and electrical contractors’ work into layman’s terms.
- Ability to manage responsibilities and priorities in a fast-paced, time-critical environment.
- Familiarity with search engine optimization and best practices for website content development.
- Expertise in taking and incorporating feedback to work.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook.
Job duties include:
- Creating web-ready content (blogs and newsletters) for multiple HVAC, plumbing and electrical contractor websites.
- Writing keyword rich website content that is search engine optimized for websites in development.
- Writing iMarket press releases geared to the local, national and industry press and research-based articles and blogs on web practices, SEO, SEM and other topics as assigned.
- Writer will coordinate with SEO manager and report to web team development manager. This job will require the ability to work independently to produce a great volume of work, but also to work well in a collegial, team atmosphere.
Please send a cover letter, a resume and three writing samples that best relate to the job description to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.