Blogs - short for "web logs" - are the backbone of all organic SEO initiatives.
In the fast-changing world of online technology, the old "set it and forget it" model of Yellow Page advertising isn't enough anymore. The new reality is that you can't just think about your advertising once a year when you renew it. More and more consumers are looking for service contractors via the search engines. To get the high search engine rankings that will enable you to compete successfully for these leads, you need to engage frequently with your customers via online media. Ideally, you should contribute something to the "online conversation" every day; if that's not possible, once a week at a minimum.
Why? The internet is governed by a "social contract" between websites and search engines. When a website delivers relevant content that will be of high value to search engine users, the search engines will deliver visitors to that website.
While updates to current web pages are helpful, what search engines really want is fresh content in the form of new web pages. Blogs are an easy and extremely effective way to add those new pages to your website.
One way to think of it is that every blog post is a "raffle ticket" for a search engine win.
Having a blog on your website also gives you another advantage: an active blog lets your website visitors know that your company is "for real". Companies that regularly post to their blogs are perceived by consumers as dynamic, knowledgeable, and legitimate. They will be much more likely to choose your company over a competitor with old, out-of-date website content.
Despite the many advantages of blogging, the vast majority of small to mid-size businesses don't do it. They worry that they lack the knowledge, time, and resources to blog effectively.
How can iMarket help you with blogging?
- Our websites come with easy-to-use blog software, set up and ready to go!
- We offer unlimited technical support during business hours. Our advisors will be happy to answer your questions about blogging to enable you to do it more effectively.
- If you don't have the time or interest to blog, you can outsource it to us! iMarket's blogging service will create weekly blog posts for you, customized to your company and region and optimized for SEO performance.
iMarket's blogging service will include articles about the following topics - or, if you want to write your own blog posts, you can use this list to help you think of ideas.
- Comfort tips
- Safety tips for homeowners
- Repair and maintenance reminders
- Energy saving ideas
- Information about federal, state, and local appliance rebates and energy-saving incentives
- "Green living" suggestions
- Holiday greetings
- Community and charity events
- Information about new products and services
- Warnings about extreme weather conditions (first big snowfall or a heat wave)
- Coupons and special offers
Here's what people say:
iMarket is diligent, iMarket strives for perfection. In this day it is very hard to find a company such as iMarket that will work so hard to deliver. I highly recommend iMarket, iMarket keeps us involved with weekly progress. Our ranking have drastically improved. We notice and track new leads, we are making outstanding progress. We thank iMarket team, It has been a real pleasure, and we look forward to years to come.
Thank you Nadia, Wendy , Nicole , and Eric.
AACTIONAIR Conditioning & Htg. Co, Inc John J Ortman General Manager
John J Ortman -AACTIONAIR
Here's what's going on:
On July 3, 2014, Matt Cutts declared to the search community that he was going on leave for 4 months, all the way through October. Upon hearing the news, I had a big sigh of relief. For you see, I thought to myself, “There is absolutely no way Google is going to launch any algorithms or make any significant updates to their existing algorithms while the face of their search quality department was on leave of absence.” I mean, who are SEO’s going to yell at and blame for all of their woes while he is away, right? Well, I was wrong...