Email Marketing with Online Newsletters
Effective SEO and pay-per-click ads will bring many new visitors to your website, but not all of them will become customers right away. After working so hard to bring prospects to your site, it is vital to make sure that you get the opportunity to present your company to these highly qualified leads more than just once. One of the best and most affordable ways to keep in touch with these potential customers is via eNewsletters. Therefore, the minimum "call to action" on your website should always be to ask visitors to give you their email addresses.
Your eNewsletters should contain useful tips, helpful information, and special offers. Not only will they demonstrate your technical expertise and your concern for your customers - they'll also keep your company top-of-mind. After you've proved your value, potential customers will be much more likely to call you when they're ready to purchase a product or service.
eNewsletters will also cement your relationship with your current customers by reminding them of the professionalism and customer service that made them choose you to begin with.
Of course, print newsletters will also achieve these goals, but eNewsletters are a much easier and more affordable way to keep in touch with a large mailing list. You don't need a graphic designer or printer to create eNewsletters, and each costs only a fraction of a cent to send.
How can iMarket help you with email marketing?
- iMarket's websites include an automated eNewsletter signup system that makes it easy for you to collect customers' email addresses.
- We give you all the tools you need to create attractive and effective eNewsletters and manage your email address lists.
- Our eNewsletter system includes tracking software that gives you comprehensive metrics, including open rate, click through response, bounce-back information, and more.
- We can design a custom eNewsletter template for you that matches the look and feel of your website.
- Our optional eNewsletter service will create custom newsletters for your business three times a year. We'll write, send, and report on the success of your eNewsletters for you - you'll no longer have to think about it!
Here's what people say:
iMarket has been very attentive in answering our questions and returning calls/emails promptly to us. They are working diligently in obtaining the volume of business we are pursuing.
iMarket Solutions also conducts great phone conferences to personally explain our campaigns, reports, and any feedback that we have for them. They really take our feedback into consideration and value our requests as a customer.
iMarket gives great overall customer service and attention to detail. They have been a pleasure to work with. Thank you Nadia and Martina for all of your help!!!
Triad Mechanical Co, Inc.
Here's what's going on:
Google is known for changing things up on a regular basis when it comes to their algorithms, but when it comes to the design of their search engine’s search result pages (SERPs), they tend to be a little more careful. When they do make changes, it’s typically done so within controlled test groups (i.e. only certain servers or countries will see the change). As a result, there is usually little talk regarding UX changes on Google.com in comparison to algorithm introductions, updates, refreshes and the like. But late last week, Google introduced a major redesign of their local map pack that is anything but subtle.