Social Media Marketing
Social media is the newest form of online marketing - and for many small business owners, the most intimidating.
Really, though, social media is just an amped-up form of word-of-mouth marketing, with some of the benefits of other forms of online marketing thrown in as a bonus.
Social media marketing offers businesses the opportunity to go to where consumers are already "hanging out" and speak directly to them in a low-key, low-pressure way that makes customers comfortable. When done properly, social media posts are a way to win the interest and trust of customers - and potential customers - by providing useful information and special offers in a relaxed environment. In this way, social media marketing is like word-of-mouth referrals from friends and neighbors. But unlike word-of-mouth referrals, where potential customers often hear about you in a situation where they are unable to pick up the phone and call you immediately, social media marketing offers consumers a direct, immediate link right to you.
Social media posts are also a terrific way to let your community know that you care - you can use your posts to share information about your community activities and local charity work.
In addition, social media marketing is vital to highly-successful SEO (Search Engine Optimization). Search engines give a significant advantage to websites that update their social media pages regularly.
The best part? Social media is 100% free.
To leverage the power of social media for your business, you simply start participating in the conversations on social media sites. To do this effectively, you need to increase the number of your social media friends, fans, and followers. You can use many of the same marketing techniques you use to collect email addresses for your eNewsletter - encouraging online social media signups and asking satisfied customers to "opt-in" to your messages.
Remember, too, social media doesn't only mean Facebook and Twitter. Your social media marketing strategy should also include online review sites such as Yelp, Google Local, and Angie's List. These online review sites are invaluable as a source of leads for contracting businesses.
Despite the many advantages of social media, the vast majority of small to mid-size businesses don't have a social media presence. They worry that they lack the knowledge, time, and resources to use this exciting new marketing channel effectively.
How can iMarket help you with social media?
- Our blog software automatically "pushes" your blog posts to your Facebook and Twitter accounts. You'll get the advantage of social media, without having to think about it!
- If you don't have the time or interest to get involved with social media, you can outsource it to us! iMarket's social media experts will set up your social media accounts and post to them regularly on your behalf.
Here are some suggestions for how you can start putting social media to work for your business right now:
- Set up a Facebook Fan page.
- Have each of your employees set up a business Facebook page and link your site to their Facebook page.
- Ask satisfied, loyal customers to become friends, fans, and followers of your business.
- Set up a Twitter account and "tweet" at least once a week. Even the busiest person has time to write 140 characters once a week!
- Encourage your loyal customers to visit online review sites (Yelp, Google Local, Angie's List, etc.) and post positive reviews.
- If there are negative online reviews about your company, ask us how our Reputation Management Service can help you overcome them!
Here's what people say:
Take a look at this email Contact Form I received today straight from our website:
"Our Total line Digital Thermostat broke down today - it's blank - and I found your website and have read enough reviews to be convinced you are the right people to contact for this sort of work. Can you please contact me as soon as possible and help me get the air back on in this house!?"
I couldn't ask for a better web response, so glad I chose to go with your Web Domination package. I knew I needed Facebook, a Blog, Twitter and a Reputation Defender service. It's a relief to have handed off items I had no inclination to learn and would never have time to keep updated.
I also want to thank you and the entire iMarket staff for making the transition from our old site to the new one seamless. This is fourth time we have gone thru the design process, but the first time I didn't have to become demanding just to receive what was promised.
Since the new site launched in February, our SEO placement has given us placement on the first page of Google searches in most of the cities we service and phone calls from our web site now account for 16% of calls received. I'm a happy camper; thank you so much!