Traditional Marketing Solutions
Why is Developing a Marketing Plan Critical to Your Success?
Many service companies focus on doing the work, and then they do some marketing "by feel".
Clearly, sometimes this works - that is, the companies are still in business.
But are they making the best use of their marketing dollars? Are they wasting their money on advertising that doesn't bring them much business, and then missing opportunities for more effective advertising?
Are these companies failing to grow because they are failing to plan?
Having a marketing plan for your company is the single best marketing decision you will ever make.
Over time, careful planning will enable you to focus your efforts on things that work and set your priorities appropriately.
A marketing plan will not only help you choose the most effective traditional advertising - it will also help you identify and make the most of internal lead generation sources, and set up operational processes to support your lead generation efforts. It gets your entire company on the same page and creates accountability for maximum results.
Successful marketing is a whole-business discipline that helps you make the most of your finite marketing resources.
A well-designed marketing plan will make you more profit!
In this section of our website, we will help you create a marketing plan by determining your budget and your lead requirements, identifying your growth goals, and evaluating your media options.
The pages in this section, "Budgets", "Lead Planning", and "How to Choose the Right Traditional Media" contain useful information about each of these elements of your marketing plan. The final page, "Download Our Free Marketing Plan", contains a detailed road map for marketing planning, and a downloadable PDF of the workbook so that you can use it in your own company.
Here are some of the things we'll help you do:
- Evaluate your company once a year as a matter or good business and marketing practice. It is called a business review.
- Develop and refine your business model so it compliments your overall business plan. Grow service to grow sales.
- Create strategies and goals for your company based on your business review, and your overall desires for your company.
- Establish a baseline Marketing, Advertising & Promotions budget for each year, based on your business budget as a whole.
- Create a set of defined and clear marketing goals that fit neatly and snugly into your business plan. These marketing goals should be aligned with your business direction.
- Choose marketing strategies that compliment your marketing goals. And write them out so you can make them work together!
- Define your specific advertising/media objectives in support of those marketing goals, including leads required by type.
- Work with your creative team/vendor to identify your Unique Selling Proposition, your theme or slogan, and any other creative components you may need.
- Set up systems for tracking the results of internal lead generation efforts, sales, promotions, and advertising so that you can see what works and why.
- Create a media plan designed to generate the leads your company needs to thrive!
Here's what people say:
I have a heating and air conditioning company, The Clean Air Act Inc. of Beavercreek, Oregon. We are small by choice (I like to do real work, not babysit a crew of techs as my friends in the industry say). As the economy started to shrink I saw the need to change. Our HVAC distributor asked me to take a class about web sites. I was game--I (had) a web site, but OK, I knew it sucked and needed help BAD. I sat in this class and within 15 minutes I got real focused. I knew I was missing the boat and I needed to get aboard. The class was great. I was going (to sign up) the next day. I worked with Nadia and Wendy on the (website), and now Martina is now managing it and it is going great. We sold three systems in the first two months and got a hand full of service calls--they told us it would be slow growing. I am very happy so far. The more information you get them, the faster and better your project will go. Thank you so much iMarket Solutions.
Your friend Rodger A. Brown
Clean Air Act, Inc.