Due to the impact that COVID-19 is having on local businesses, Google recently enforced several global limitations to their Google My Business platform.
The official statement from Google can be found here, but we also wanted to highlight some of the key limitations that will be temporarily impacting businesses globally:
- Businesses will be unable to receive new customer reviews
- Businesses will be unable to respond to any existing reviews
- No new Q & A will be published to Google My Business
- Google is prioritizing reviews for edits critical to health-related businesses
- Google’s support team will manually review new listings, claims, and verifications for critical health-related businesses. If you have a new profile, you may experience delays in the verification process.
- There will be delays in general Google My Business support as they prioritize critical services
iMarket is closely monitoring the situation with Google My Business and will keep our clients apprised of updates and any impact to their businesses.