Twitter is an excellent way to keep in touch with people and companies in which you have an interest. It is also a great way to promote your own company. Twitter, like all other social media, is a way to connect to your customers and build their loyalty. It lets them get to know you on a more personal level and interact with you more often. This helps create not only loyalty but also top of the mind awareness, so you are the first one they call when they have a problem you can fix.
It takes a little time to learn how to use Twitter, but it is very easy once you get the hang of it. The hardest part is getting started. Here are a few ways to start building your Twitter Following:
- Follow other people: an easy way to get more followers is to start following other people and companies. Focus on local companies and organizations. Try to reply to things they post and some of them will begin to follow you.
- Tweet about local events: they are more likely to get “retweeted” and thus bring more people to your Twitter profile.
- Make it easy for people to follow you: put a link to your Twitter page in a newsletter or email signature.
- Tell your customers about it! Offer exclusive deals or contests for your Twitter followers.
- Retweet (forwarding another user’s Tweet to all of your followers) things you think are interesting:
- Find a Tweet you think is interesting
- Click the arrow in the top right corner of the post
- Choose the “Retweet” option
If you have done any of these five things you will have increased your number of Twitter followers and hopefully learned a bit about how to use Twitter for business. If you need help with the basics on how to use Twitter, check out their Twitter 101 Guide.