Your goal as an HVAC contractor is to turn homeowners in your service area into your customers. If you’ve ever tried to take your marketing into your own hands, you know that this goal is often a lot easier said than done. The first step to improving your customer interactions is mastering touchpoints.
You can eat, sleep, and breathe integrity all while offering impeccable HVAC services for competitive prices and your conversions will still suffer if your touchpoints are underwhelming.
Unwieldy websites and unprofessional social media channels serve as a turn off for potential clients.
Luckily, most touchpoints are within your control and our team here at iMarket Solutions specializes in Lead Generation for Contractors. Choose our dedicated experts when you want marketing services bound to take your business to the next level.
What’s a Touchpoint?
First things first, let’s define a “touchpoint.” At its simplest, a touchpoint is any interaction that a consumer has with a business. Touchpoints exchange information, address concerns or questions, and handle transactions. Touchpoints can happen through different channels, online, and in person. Our goal at iMarket Solutions is to make your touchpoints impactful, personal, and effective.
We like to apply theory to relevant situations to convey our points. A few common types of touchpoints you’re sure to encounter in the HVAC industry include:
- Website: The contact forms on your website exist for a reason. This is one of the best ways to generate a lead. You want a website form that’s intuitive for the customer and helpful to you. Live chat and blogs are two other great ways to convert your leads. Live chat engages with your customer in a quick and precise manner, and blogs inform your potential customers and prompt them to convert.
- Email: We’re a big proponent of email marketing. Staying top of your customers’ minds is a great way to generate leads. Catching the interests of your potential customer with a relevant email can make a big difference in your sales. You can build brand awareness and generate leads through this medium.
- Phone Calls: The tried-and-true touchpoint. Phone calls are still a great way to get the ball rolling with a potential customer.
- Social Media: Social media is on the tip of everyone’s tongue—it’s an invaluable tool. Engaging with prospective buyers through mediums like Facebook or Twitter establishes a great relationship with your audience. It’s an easy way to build credibility and start the conversion process.
- In Person: Connecting with a customer face-to-face is vital. This is where your storefront, community involvement, and on-site service jobs come in. Real-world interactions are the best way to make an impression and authentically connect with your potential customers.
Your touchpoints are essential. There is no better way to nurture a conversion. Ensure you’re making the most of them with the helpful expertise of our team members.
How Many Touchpoints Before a Customer Converts?
Every industry and buyer are different, but the average number of touchpoints you need before you close a sale is around 5-7. The thing to know about conversion is that your response rates rise with each outreach attempt. There is a sweet spot to this though. The response rate to outreach ratio isn’t absolute—you don’t want to badger your potential customers. The art of touchpoints is delicate. If you surpass a certain number of touchpoints (usually 8) your output (open rates, response rates, and conversions) will decrease.
We don’t want to hand you this information, pat you on the back, and then send you out into the ruthless world of touchpoints and conversions to fend for yourself. There are so many tools at your fingertips to contact your customers and it can be confusing. We understand and that’s why we’re here. You can greatly increase your leads with the help of our experts.
Why You Need to Know This
As a contractor, you need to understand what a touchpoint is and how many it takes to convert. Developing an understanding of touchpoints helps you create better customer experiences. We mentioned this above, but we’re going to state it again—there’s an art to this. Not all touchpoints are equal.
Ultimately, you want to make sure that each touchpoint communication is always professional and clear. You don’t want to leave open opportunities for a homeowner to stray away from your business. Certain factors that affect your touchpoints include:
- Relevance: You don’t want to market your air conditioning or ductwork services to a renter or someone outside of your service area—it’s a waste of your time and theirs! We can help you ensure that your touchpoints interact with the right consumers.
- Credibility: Curating a personal brand is one of the best ways to convey credibility to your consumers. A credible business is a lucrative business. Contact our professionals to perfect your branding.
- Competition: As a contractor, you know that the HVAC industry is saturated with businesses just like yours trying to achieve similar goals. The right marketing plan can highlight your work and help your product rise above the rest.
We can guide you through the world of touchpoints with ease. Contact our professionals at iMarket Solutions today. Dedicated to Contractor Success.