Full Charge Bookkeeper
We are looking for a passionate Full Charge Bookkeeper to handle most aspects of the company’s accounting and financial reporting functions. You will play a crucial role in implementing the financial and operational processes needed to support our company’s growth. You will be responsible for key functions such as revenue recognition, month end close, financial reporting, accounts payable and receivables, tax, audit and compliance.
- Maintain company’s finance functions (e.g., Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable) to reflect business needs.
- Manage collections from customers, following up on overdue accounts
- Handle client requests accurately and in a timely manner
- Prepare journal entries and maintain General Ledgers in order to produce financial statements and/or tax returns
- Month-end procedures:
- Process reports, ensuring accuracy and security of data
- Reconciliation of AR accounts
- Create applicable work-papers and record of Bad Debt and Deferred Revenues
- Provide information to the external CPA who creates the company’s financial statements
- Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit
- Calculate and issue financial analysis of the financial statements
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain the annual budget
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Manage sales commissions and variable compensation plans.
- Manage payroll
- Ensure that all external reporting obligations are met by making information available as needed, and kept current (Daily).
- Maintain integrity of company’s cash, receivables, and payables management according to leadership team’s standards.
- Make daily cash flow projections based on projected sales and sales backlog, and flow of cash internally and externally.
- Communicate cash flow projections to top management team.
- Monitor accounts receivable aging and collection procedures.
- Interface with outside audit firms(s), banks and lessors, credit card companies, and collection agencies.
- Participate in special projects and ad hoc requests.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting or other relevant field
- 3-5 years of credible experience in accounting and reporting, with substantial experience in accounting closes, financial reporting, audits, budgeting and compliance
- Previous tech related, venture funded, start-up company experience helpful
- Has a passion for detail and accuracy, is a great problem solver, and can effectively summarize, interpret and communicate results to senior leadership in a respectful, efficient and confident manner
- Is a passionate, humble leader and team player, has a can-do attitude, is always helpful, and who constantly strives towards excellence
- Can effectively work in a high paced, startup environment, requiring exceptional organizational skills, juggling priorities, and adhering to strict deadlines
- Is ahead of the curve, constantly creating validation checks and balances to pick up and solve problems before they happen
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in QuickBooks
- Proficient in Excel