At iMarket, the health and well-being of our team members and our clients is our top priority. Like all businesses, we are closely monitoring the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, and wanted to share several steps we are taking to ensure the continued health and success of your business.
iMarket has instituted an optional “work from home” policy for all team members. You may experience Marketing Coordinators and specialists working from different locations over the next few weeks, but rest assured all operations, client meetings and product strategies will continue as usual.
There is an overwhelming amount of information online, and we wanted to share a resource we find useful and fact-based in understanding the impact of COVID-19. This article from Harvard Medical School provides valuable links and continuous updates from the CDC and WHO regarding transmission and prevention measures.
Keeping Employees & Customers Healthy
We understand the impact this is having on many of your businesses, and that many contractors are experiencing service cancellations from customers. Here are several recommended precautions to help keep your employees and customers healthy:
- Wash your hands thoroughly and frequently with soap and warm water.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or your elbow when coughing or sneezing. Wash uniforms every day to ensure cleanliness and reduce the spread of germs.
- Do not send technicians or installers to customers’ homes if they are feeling ill.
- Avoid shaking customers’ hands – offer a smile and warm greeting instead.
- Ask technicians to wipe down any surfaces or equipment touched in a customer’s home with disinfectant wipes.
- Have each technician or installer carry hand sanitizer.
- Ask each technician or crew to wipe down door handles, steering wheel, gear shift lever, tools, etc in their truck with disinfectant wipes every day.
- Wipe down pens, clipboards, tablets, cell phones, or anything else that may be passed back and forth between techs and customers.
Understanding IAQ Solutions
Lastly, many of our HVAC clients have asked about promoting Indoor Air Quality products and systems as a way to help homeowners combat the spread of germs and viruses. It is imperative that your business share only the facts with customers and not make false claims about the extent to which these products can help with virus transmission. We highly recommend training your team on making accurate claims about what the products can and cannot do. Here is a recommended disclaimer to follow when communicating with customers:
- There is much to consider regarding the COVID-19 virus (Coronavirus) and its possible transmission in your home. While there are various and effective indoor air quality measures available to help protect your safety, including duct sanitization, ultraviolet (UV) germicidal light treatment, and HEPA air filters, they alone cannot protect from all forms of COVID-19 transmission. It is important to follow all official guidelines for preventing the spread of this virus.
iMarket clients are encouraged to connect with their Marketing Coordinators with any questions or concerns. We have developed a website alert system to communicate information and updates to your customers about the precautions and care your business is taking to ensure their health and comfort. We are also monitoring any changes or recommendations from Google that may impact your business or Google My Business page should COVID-19 be impacting your business operations.
As always, you can count on iMarket as a partner to support your business and continued success as we weather this storm together.