iMarket Solutions is Dedicated to Contractor Success.
We are hiring a Content Writer who will be responsible for writing and editing SEO content for websites and blogs, as well as email marketing and social media campaigns. This position will be located in either Burlington, VT, or Costa Mesa, CA.
We are looking for an experienced and creative writer who likes to work independently. You should be team-oriented, and you should care about what you write and how you write it. You should be meticulous, diligent, and resourceful.
You’ll be part of an organization that helps small businesses grow and succeed. Our company culture emphasizes transparency, process, hard work, and finding creative solutions to our clients’ marketing challenges.
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, preferably in the humanities.
- Writing engaging content for your clients, including blog posts, headlines, social media copy, email marketing copy, internal documentation, and occasionally internal marketing
- Editing the content of your fellow writers with care and attention to detail
- Acting as an internal resource about the details of HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems
- Collaborating with your fellow Content Team members, as well as team members in our Project Management, SEO, Social Media and Reputation, and Email Marketing departments
- Abiding by our house style guide
- Writing biweekly blog posts and generating blog topics that address the needs of our clients’ target audience
- Staying up to date with SEO and content marketing trends
- Managing departmental projects of your own
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills
- Experience with Wordpress
- Minimum of 1 year of professional content writing and editing experience
- Ability to proofread and edit content thoroughly, correcting for punctuation, grammar, spelling, and style
- Ability to translate technical explanations into terms appropriate to our clients’ customers (homeowners and commercial property owners)
- Familiarity with best practices for SEO and content marketing
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple clients, and meet various deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to adjust priorities quickly in order to respond to pressing demands
- Knowledge of the HVAC / Plumbing industry is a plus
To apply, fill out the online employment application on the careers page.